Quick response to the ever changing customer schedule along with diversified products being handled makes it impossible to meet the promise dates. It complicates the matter further if the material planning works based on reservation of material against and order.
An advanced planning tool that can dynamically allocate material based on order priority and on top can identify the expected bottlenecks for taking appropriate decisions is must to overcome the challenges in forging industry.
Apart from the above challenges there are some of the specific requirements of forging industry like…
- Maintaining stock of material by lot number and bar number with length for better material planning
- Tracking die life in closed die forging
IcSoft has been implemented in large number forging companies with open die and closed die operations and is addressing the above challenges with ease.
- Material tracking by lot, bar and length
- Tool & Die history
- Test certificates based on the input material and process
- Improved product margins
- Lean Manufacturing execution
- Process Documents / Control Plan / PPAP / FMEA
- SPC / SQC / Process and Performance Capability
- Real-time data capture
- Machine Interface
- Enforces compliance and reduces errors
- Improves throughput
- Increases schedule attainment
- Enables greatermanufacturing responsiveness