An integrated steel plant is highly complex as it consists of a mixed manufacturing model that includes discrete and process manufacturing. This is further complicated by the variations or attributes of the intermediate and finished product being manufactured. Another challenge is to record and analyze various parameters and properties during production to achieve the desired product properties.
Essentially only ERP with flexible Manufacturing Execution System (MES) such as IcSoft can handle the complexities of this business process.
- Attributes like length, diameter, finish etc
- Bottleneck Identification
- Process parameter recording
- Online production data capturing
- Online access of drawings, specifications etc
- Melt certificates
- WIP valuation and process costing
- Process yields
- Plant maintenance